If you set out with the task to achieve peace you may need:
Intelligence, and beauty, courage and creativity, leadership and humility, idealism and knowledge, charisma and endurance, respectability and morality, endurance and sensitivity, objectivity and empathy, vision and good organization ... please let us know what other qualities you think are necessary for a peacebuilder and help us continue this list!
While no one person in the world might have all these, we might each have our own way and together we might have these all
To answer the question posed in the title, ANYONE can be a peacebuilder but certainly a peacebuilder isn’t ANYONE.
When you set out on the peacebuilding path you can choose your own pace, your own path and your own cause. Louise Diamond indentifies several paths (archetypal in nature) that might describe a peacebuilder’s inclination:
· The Activist Path, whose mission is to seek Justice.
· The Personal Path, whose mission is to seek Integrity.
· The Relationship Path, whose mission is to seek Love.
· The Global Path, whose mission is to seek Community.
· The Educational Path, whose mission is to seek Wisdom.
· The Creative Path, whose mission is to seek Harmony.
· The Leadership Path, whose mission is to seek Transformation.
· The Spiritual Path, whose mission is to seek Unity.
Which path are you on? Take the following survey to find out:
To learn more about peacebuilders around the world please visit our Peacebuilders Library.